Monday 28 July 2014

An ordeal awaits

Today was the most important day as I had to SHOP and I hate to shop. We at home always try to pick a silk saree on our visits to different places. I still hate shopping and don’t wear sarees so imagine my plight while trying to buy one.

We had booked a cab for the day so we didn’t have to try and park at different places. We decided to head to T nagar, the shopping heaven for sarees. We entered one of the first stores for just sight -seeing and I was lost.

To be honest, I didn’t understand what to see. My friend wanted to picks some stuff for a wedding and I promptly helped her in selecting stuff. I was good in rummaging through bundles of clothes and found the perfect set for my friend.

All that searching made me hungry and I wanted to try rabbit biryani (don’t cringe, Chennai supposedly sells fabulous rabbit biryani) but I was in no luck. We thought one place sold it but didn’t look good enough to sit and eat. So some rabbit was saved that day.

My friend knew of another nice place to eat called Thalapakatti, not sure why I could not pronounce it right. I kept calling it Thalakapatti. The only way I remember the right name till today is basis the logic and that I always get the name wrong the first time. Not sure what will happen when I get it right the first time.
Anyways we ordered the thalapakatti special & pepper chicken. The pepper chicken surely burnt a hole in my stomach with the fire it was bellowing as it went down. I had to ordered a badam milkshake to try extinguish the burn. The chicken was awaesome, the biryani was no less. After sumptuous meal along with a health hazard – burn at your own risk. We decided we have to pick sarees.
We hadn’t even started buying sarees, so we went to the biggest store and that’s where the never ending ordeal started. We started by selecting sarees for my friend’s mom. After searching to a whole bundle of selection, we found a pretty crepe saree. While selecting a saree for her mom, my friend managed to pick a pink saree.

Now the search was for a saree for my collection. I didn’t really have a budget just basic requirement. A bright, big board silk saree and the search started. In the big store, they didn’t pay any attention to me and I was royally ignored so we started searching at other stores. With no luck we started travelling the city to find a good choice. I must have spent atleast 2/3 hours trying to buy a saree. Finally out of tiredness, boredom or frustration not sure, I picked one saree and said thank for ending the ordeal. We were literally at the other end of town. Next I had to pick the next most famous item in Chennai… you guessed it wrong. Its towels, I picked a couple not sure why and was exhausted by the end of it.

I forgot to mention, i picked a red saree with some design at the bottom.

To help our cause, it started raining and there was traffic everywhere. Next stop was to pick some stuff for my journey back and as luck would have it, the lights go off and it is approaching closing time. I quickly picked some stuff up and hopped in the car.

By the time, I reached home, I was dead. We had no energy to go anywhere and decided to order in. Lol and behold we could not decide what to order and finally called up little Italy and ordered some pasta.
I was tried and had packing to do, tomorrow was the day I was travelling back.

Mumbai here I come




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home